Caused by inflammation of the lining of the joints, this is the most common form of arthritis. Learn how to detect and prevent it.
The colon is a long and hollow tube and located at the end of the digestive tract where your body produces and stores stool.
If you want keep bones strong and healthy is through the practice of physical exercise. It is important to keep in mind that not all are good for bone structure.
Hoarseness happens when you have challenges producing sound when speaking.
According to the MedlinePlus webpage, this condition is most often caused by a problem in the vocal cords, which are located in the throat and are part of the larynx. While it also may be the symptom of a cold or sinus infection, it usually disappears on its own within a couple of weeks.
If the discomfort does not go away by then, the patient should visit a doctor to rule out other potential conditions, including laryngeal cancer. Additionally, if a person has difficulty breathing or swallowing or if hoarseness is accompanied by drooling, particularly in a small child, a specialist should be seen. You can also be interesting:Allergies an overreaction in your system.
Some measures to help relieve this problem include:
- Talk only when you need to until the hoarseness disappears.
- Drink plenty of liquids to help keep your airways moist.
- Use a vaporizer to increase the humidity in the air you breathe.
- Avoid actions that strain the vocal chords such as whispering, shouting, crying, and singing.
- Take medications to reduce stomach acid if hoarseness is related to gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Do not use decongestants that may dry the vocal cords.
- If you smoke, reduce or stop this practice, at least until the hoarseness disappears.
There are many health benefits to riding a bike, but it can be a risky activity if it is not done appropriately.
The following video show the best ways to avoid injury and improve your performance.
The onset of osteoporosis is more common after menopause: when estrogen levels diminish and bones become more brittle.
According to figures from the WHO, an estimated 3.7 billion people under age 50 are infected with this virus. While this is not a serious condition, there are some things to know about it.