Eating healthy, doing exercises and getting enough sleep are some measures that can help prevent the onset of this disease.
Heart failure occurs when the heart cannot pump enough oxygenated blood to the body.
As the U.S. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute of the NIH explains, the most common causes of this condition include coronary artery disease, high blood pressure and diabetes.
To reduce the risks of suffering from this condition, the MedlinePlus webpage recommends the following:
- Keep your blood pressure under control. Adults should get their blood pressure checked at least once a year or more, if they are hypertensive. Avoiding stress can also help stabilize your blood pressure.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Being overweight is associated with high levels of cholesterol and triglycerides, high blood pressure and diabetes.
- Lead a healthy diet. Reduce your intake of saturated fats, and foods that are high in sodium and added sugars. Each plenty of fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- Exercise regularly. In addition to helping you maintain a healthy weight, doing exercise strengthens your heart and improves your circulation.
- Reduce your alcohol intake. Drinking too much alcohol can raise your blood pressure and add calories to your diet that can lead to weight gain.
- Do not smoke. This habit can raise your blood pressure.
- Practice good sleep hygiene. Not getting enough rest can increase your risk for high blood pressure, obesity and diabetes.
The brain is an organ that must be trained and stimulated to keep it functioning well and to strengthen its mental capacities.
By making stretching part of your lifestyle, especially for those who have sedentary jobs, over time, the body will become more flexible and will have greater joint mobility.
Pain is the most common cause of doctors’ visits. In some people, the pain can last for life.
When you can’t go to the gym every day, at-home exercise equipment or machines are a good option. When you buy them, however, be sure they fit your lifestyle.
Psoriasis is a chronic skin disease that causes inflammation and flaking. Generally, it is caused by stress and a lack of (preventative) care.
Some wounds can become complicated. Cleaning them properly and using products to prevent infection are crucial to avoiding these complications.
Every woman has the opportunity to reduce the chances of getting this condition by taking effective preventative measures.
When choosing how to give birth, medical reasons should be given priority over preferences or fears. The idea is to be well-informed before making a decision.
Leading a balanced diet is important to our health. But what happens when this becomes an extreme? Find out what the consequences are.