Eating fruit either before or after you exercise has two different affects. Learn what they are.
A fructose allergy is a disorder that some people have that is caused by not having the protein necessary to break down this type of sugar.
A good sleeping position can help prevent aches and pains in the morning.
For Susan Cain, author of the book “Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking,” these types of personalities process thoughts and emotions in a deeper way.
While ear infections affect adults, they are much more common in the first years of life.
Also known as mountain sickness or altitude anoxia, this condition causes headaches, vomiting and vertigo.
Having sweaty feet is not a cause for concern. However, when they emit a consistent bad odor, it is best to consult with a doctor.
To prevent this bad odor, the KidsHealth webpage suggests the following:
- Wash your feet every day, scrub them well and make sure to dry them.
- Use the right socks. Cotton, certain types of wool and special fabrics for exercising absorb sweat and allow the feet to breathe. Wear clean socks every day and change them once they become sweaty.
- Make sure your shoes are not too tight, as this makes the feet sweat.
- Change the shoes you wear. Using the same shoes every day can make them smell worse. Let them dry for a few days before using them again.
- Washing your shoes or insoles can help eliminate bad odors.
- Being barefoot lets your feet breathe.
- Do not share shoes or towels. This prevents the transmission of bacteria that can cause odors.
If you feel that the smell is becoming a problem, use foot powder or deodorants that can fight it. If this does not solve the problem, see a doctor to learn about other treatments.
Related article: The right shoes for your feet (article in Spanish)Read more
Piercing a baby’s ears a few days after they are born is a common practice to avoid the pain of doing it later.
Christmas celebrations can be challenging for those who are vegetarian. Learn how to enjoy this holiday without interrupting your lifestyle.