While the first one is a sticky layer that forms on the teeth due to the accumulation of bacteria, the second one is a hardened plaque.
A good mouth health is basic for avoiding the two problems above. The prevention measures, according to The Medicine National Library of the United States of America, include:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day. Choose a brush with soft and round bristles, that easily reaches the mouth surfaces.
- Softly use dental floss at least once a day. This is important to prevent the periodontal disease.
- Using water irrigation systems can help controlling the bacteria around the tooth under gums’ line.
- Visiting the dentist or an oral hygienist at least each six months for having your teeth completely cleaned, as well as receiving an oral exam.
- Using mouthwash solutions can help to identifying the areas where calculus accumulates.
- Well balanced foods help maintaining a good mouth health.
Take into account
Dental periodical reviews are used for finding caries, gum diseases and other mouth health problems in an early manner, when they are easier to be treated. These reviews are also used for caring teeth and gums.
Related: Sweet temptation for your teeth