Dust mites are little insects that live at your home, in furniture such as mattresses and in other pieces.
The FamilyDoctor Portal from the American Academy of Family Doctors, indicates that mites prefer warm and humid places, filled with dust such as pillows, mattresses, carpets and furniture. Cleaning each of these items can make an important difference in health caring.
What to do?
- Placing a hermetic dust proof case on your mattress and pillow.
- Washing your sheets and blankets with hot water once a week, as well as your pillowcases.
- Assuring your sheets, blankets and pillows completely dry at high temperature.
- Avoiding the use of carpets in your bedroom. Mites proliferate there very quickly. Prefer a wood or tile floor.
- Mopping hard surfaces once a week.
Take into account that dust mites are an important cause for allergies and asthma. The symptoms include sneezing, nasal secretion, nasal itching and congestion.
Related article: Advices for eliminating mites from your home