Don’t get too complicated in the kitchen. With easy recipes, you can provide your body with quality foods that help you stay active.
Better health in general depends a lot on breakfast, or your first meal, and as such, one of the most important. Starting the day with energy is vital to keep your energy level up throughout the day, which is why you need to give your body quality nutrients.
According to a report published by the Mayo Clinic, a healthy breakfast helps an adult take in more vitamins and minerals, control weight and blood sugar levels, and perform better at work. For children, it also helps them meet their daily nutritional needs and improves their ability to concentrate.
However, a balanced breakfast does not necessarily involve complex, time-consuming recipes or hard-to-find ingredients. The essential thing is keeping foods like whole grains, lean proteins, low-fat dairy, and fruits and vegetables in your diet, to create hearty and fast dishes.
Eating from these food groups will provide fiber, protein, and a small amount of fat, nutrients that are good for your health and keep you full longer.
These are some healthy breakfast recipes that the Clinic recommends for quick and easy meals:
- Cooked oatmeal with almonds or dried cranberries.
- Whole wheat pita bread filled with a hard-boiled egg and a vegetable, such as spinach.
- Whole wheat tortilla filled with vegetables, salsa, and grated low-fat cheese.
- A fruit smoothie, natural yogurt, and a spoonful of wheat germ.
- A whole wheat sandwich with lean meat, low-fat cheese, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and bell pepper.
- French toast made with whole wheat bread, egg whites or an egg substitute, cinnamon, and vanilla.
Continue reading: Recharge your breakfast with a smoothie