Black beans are one of the foods with higher protein content. Recommended both for vegans and vegetarians, and for those who want to vary their daily diet.
In addition to being protein rich, the beans also highlight for their nutritious value. They contain B complex vitamins, iron, zinc, potassium and magnesium. However, as dealing with an incomplete protein (it lacks some amino acids), we recommend to consume it together with a cereal such as rice that complements it. (Related: Proteins, all of them are important)
The program What are you cooking? By the United States Department of Agriculture, shares this recipe of hamburger with a base of black beans and cooked rice.
- 1- 15.5 ounces can of low sodium black beans (drained and rinsed with cold water)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup of cooked whole rice
- 2 spring onions (green and white parts chopped, ¼ cup)
- 2 spoons of chopped fresh coriander (or sweet basil leaves or a combination of these two ingredients)
- 1 garlic clave (peeled and tiny chopped)
- 1/4 little spoon of dry oregano or basil leaves
- 1 little spoon of vegetable oil
- 1/2 little spoon of salt
- 1/2 little spoon of black pepper
- 4 whole bread rolls
- Place beans in a bowl and mash them with a fork until chopped. Add the egg and mix well.
- Add pre-cooked rice, spring onions, garlic and oregano, salt and pepper, and mix until well combined.
- Divide this mixture with 4 serves and make 4 hamburgers of ¾ to 1 inch thick.
- Place a pan on a cooking stove at high.
- When pan is hot, add oil. Add hamburgers and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per each side until brown on both sides and fully hot.