Prevention 9 September, 2020
Find out which places have the highest and lowest risk, and how to go out safely.
Do not let social distancing affect your mind. Here is some advice for maintaining emotional wellbeing without having physical contact.
Learn to recognize when you should ask for professional support.
Seasonal affective disorder is a type of depression that occurs at the same time each year.
This practice contributes to emotional wellbeing and helps regulate your response to stress.
Panic attacks are confused with heart attacks due to a common symptomatology, such as an accelerated breathing, dizziness and chest pain, in some cases. In order to hold back a panic attack, a good method is to slowly breathing.
Eating healthy, doing exercises and getting enough sleep are some measures that can help prevent the onset of this disease.
Heart failure occurs when the heart cannot pump enough oxygenated blood to the body.
As the U.S. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute of the NIH explains, the most common causes of this condition include coronary artery disease, high blood pressure and diabetes.
To reduce the risks of suffering from this condition, the MedlinePlus webpage recommends the following:
- Keep your blood pressure under control. Adults should get their blood pressure checked at least once a year or more, if they are hypertensive. Avoiding stress can also help stabilize your blood pressure.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Being overweight is associated with high levels of cholesterol and triglycerides, high blood pressure and diabetes.
- Lead a healthy diet. Reduce your intake of saturated fats, and foods that are high in sodium and added sugars. Each plenty of fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- Exercise regularly. In addition to helping you maintain a healthy weight, doing exercise strengthens your heart and improves your circulation.
- Reduce your alcohol intake. Drinking too much alcohol can raise your blood pressure and add calories to your diet that can lead to weight gain.
- Do not smoke. This habit can raise your blood pressure.
- Practice good sleep hygiene. Not getting enough rest can increase your risk for high blood pressure, obesity and diabetes.
The brain is an organ that must be trained and stimulated to keep it functioning well and to strengthen its mental capacities.
By making stretching part of your lifestyle, especially for those who have sedentary jobs, over time, the body will become more flexible and will have greater joint mobility.