It is possible that life situations you have no control over can cause you to feel scared or anxious. Learn how to manage your emotions.
It is normal for prolonged confinement to change your body, but disruptions in your sleep habits can bring complications to your health. Learn how to fight it.
With healthy practices, it is possible to clear your mind and avoid compromising your mental health if you are heavily exposed to the media.
The responsibility of informing or staying informed can be an arduous task in times where concerns and fears are at the forefront, which is why the constant flow of information can be a burden with consequences for mental health.
With this in mind, Roche pharmaceuticals in association with the Gabo Foundation, prescribed a series of preventative measures for those who find themselves in constant contact with sources of information about health issues and mitigating the impact this can cause. According to Yahira Guzmán Sabogal, specialist in Psychiatry and director of the research group for psychiatry in mental health at La Sabana University, “you should never lose sight of priorities in life: keep in mind just how far to go and when to stop and breathe.”
According to American journalist Bruce Shapiro, author of the article Handling stress and trauma in research projects, there are some alarm signs that can indicate an emotional imbalance such as changes in personality, irritability or explosive anger that is triggered for no apparent reason, unusual isolation, or the feeling that life has lost meaning.
To improve this, specialist Guzmán Sabogal provides a list of recommendations for protecting your mental health:
– Have effective virtual meetings, maximum one hour.
– Maintain a healthy lifestyle where there is a balance with other facets of life: such as sports, fun activities, handling frustration, and respect for meal and rest times.
– Be able to notice your own defects, which will help with good communication and when sharing your home with someone.
– Speak with others about what you are doing day to day. The information you are receiving that could be traumatic, express the feelings it causes.
– Validate the normality of having negative feelings. Take some time to understand that it is normal to have a bad day and that not everything has to be perfect.
Read also: Mental health, a daily priorityRead more
This frequently used term refers to the ability to adapt and recover from difficult life situations.
This time at home is an opportunity to activate your mind by doing different activities.
This practice will help you decrease your stress levels.
Lack of energy, when it becomes chronic, involves some particularities in terms of signs and ways to manage it. Learn to identify them.
By being constantly connected, social networks can play an important role in the way you see the world and the way you see yourself.
In a healthy couple relationship, trust is a fundamental value. It is based on dialogue and actions that demonstrate commitment to the other.