When someone who cares about you hurts you, you have two choices: Hold on to your anger and resentment, or embrace forgiveness and move on.
How you take care of your brain prevents mental fatigue. The following are some tips that may help you clear and activate your mind
Aging can slowly affect your cognitive abilities. However, you can keep your mind young and agile longer if you stimulate it more frequently.
While there is still no cure for this disease, advances in treatment and improvements in the quality of patients’ lives have been made. Learning to identify them and addressing them is critical.
When you eat just to eat without being conscious of it, and if this becomes a habit, it can affect your weight, health and general wellbeing.
To explore empathy is to awaken the ability to be generous, supportive and compassionate about the situations that happen to those around us.
A person’s laterality – whether someone is born right-handed or left-handed – has a direct effect on their individual development.
Saliva is a clear fluid that is produced constantly in the mouth. It consists mostly of water and a few other chemical elements.
People with premature memory loss can improve their everyday life by giving themselves small reminders. Here are some examples:
- Ask the person you are speaking with to repeat what they said.
- Repeat once or twice what someone else has said; this will help you to remember it better.
- Write down appointments and other activities in an agenda or calendar. Keep it in an obvious location, such as beside your bed.
- Leave messages around the house where you will see them, like on the bathroom mirror, beside the coffee maker or on the telephone.
- Keep a list of important phone numbers beside each telephone.
- Keep clocks and calendars around the house so that you’ll always know the date and time.
- Label important items.
- Develop habits and routines that are easy to stick to.
Plan activities that exercise the brain like crosswords, games, baking or indoor gardening. If possible, designate someone nearby who can help with any tasks that pose a risk of injury.
The Alzheimer’s Association indicates that patients with dementia can also have difficulty with language and communication, eating and personal care.
Keep in mind
Dementia is a loss in brain function caused by certain diseases. It affects the memory, thought processing, language, judgement and behavior.
Related article: Preventing dementia: Take action before it’s too lateRead more
Among the different triggers that cause children to be overweight or obese, there is one that we often ignore: their exposure to the advertising of products that are highly processed or are high in sugar, sodium or saturated fat.