All natural 25 March, 2017 Isabel Vallejo
Part of the crucifer family, cauliflower it is a white-flowered plant that can greatly benefit our health.
A large percentage of this vegetable contains sulfur and it is also known for its ability to help the liver neutralize toxins, which helps keep the heart and cardiovascular system healthy. This is why doctors recommend including cauliflower as part of your regular diet:
- It prevents certain types of cancer: A diet rich in cruciferous vegetables has been related to significantly reducing the development of cancer, especially in prostate, breast, colon, ovarian and bladder cancer.
- It improves digestion: It is a source of dietary fiber, essential for healthy digestion.
- It contains antioxidants: These are essential for the body’s overall health and help prevent heart disease, cancer and stroke.
- It is an anti-inflammatory: Because of its omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin K, cauliflower helps prevent chronic inflammation that can lead to conditions such as arthritis, chronic pain and other intestinal diseases.
- It is an ally during pregnancy: Provides a good source of folic acid (B9), a type of vitamin B that is necessary for a healthy pregnancy.
- Helps with weight loss: This food can be included in a diet because it is low in calories and can be used in a variety of ways.