The body has an immune system that protects it from germs and bacteria.
As the website MedlinePlus explains, “Your immune system is a complex network of cells, tissues, and organs that work together to defend against germs. It helps your body to recognize these ‘foreign’ invaders. Then its job is to keep them out, or if it can’t, to find and destroy them.”
The following few tips can help you strengthen your immune system:
- Take vitamin C: You can take supplements or eat different fruits such as oranges, limes and strawberries.
- Vitamin A: Helps to produce antibodies. Carrots and watermelons are both good sources.
- Eat foods rich in antioxidants: These are found in tomatoes, avocadoes, squash and cranberries.
- Get your vitamin E: This helps keep your immune system strong to fight viruses and bacteria. Foods such as corn, soy, almonds, spinach and broccoli have high amounts of this vitamin.
- Including fruits, vegetables, proteins and drinking water is fundamental to having a strong immune system. They provide the body with the nutrients it needs such as minerals, vitamins and antioxidants to keep the body working correctly.