To develop a more positive state of wellbeing it is important to act with determination and to have a clear perspective of life.
To achieve this, the National Institutes of Health recommends the following:
- Remember your good deeds. Give yourself credit for the good things you do for others.
- Forgive yourself. We all make mistakes. Learn from what ended poorly, but don’t dwell on it.
- Spend more time with your friends. Surround yourself with positive and healthy people.
- Explore your beliefs about the meaning and purpose of life. Think about the principles that are important to you that can serve as a guide for your life.
- Develop physical healthy habits. A balanced diet combined with exercise and regular sleep can improve your physical and mental health.
Keep in mind that people who are emotionally strong have fewer negative emotions and can recover faster from difficulties. This quality is known as resilience. Another sign of mental wellbeing is the ability to stay positive for longer and appreciate good times, as well as to feel that life has a meaning and purpose, allowing you to focus on what is really important.
Related article: The power of bonding