Originally from the East, this berry has numerous health benefits.
It is primarily recognized for being a source of vitamin C. According to Ana Molina Jiménez, a dietitian and nutritionist with a degree in pharmacy, consuming one kiwi gives you 100% of the vitamin C you need per day. EFE Salud lists some of the fruit’s characteristics:
- It has remarkable amounts of vitamin K, folic acid, potassium, and fiber.
- It facilitates intestinal passage and prevents constipation due to its soluble and insoluble fiber content.
- It helps keep the immune system strong.
- Its vitamins C and K are important in scarring and coagulation, respectively.
- Also, the vitamin K found in kiwi has an impact on skeletal system preservation.
See also: Pollen, a super food?