Not all fast foods have to be associated to a non-healthy meal.
It is possible to prepare a pizza on the basis of healthy ingredients, low in sodium and fats, as the one shared below by the United States Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion.
- 4 – 6 inches tortillas
- ½ tea spoon of virgin extra olive oil
- 2 cups of sliced mushrooms (white button or Portobello)
- 1 thinly sliced green pepper (1 cup approximately)
- 1 thinly sliced red onion (1 cup approximately)
- Heat the oven at 400 °F. Place the tortillas on 2 big oven trays and cook during 10 minutes approximately, turning them over once, until creaking. Take out from the oven and put aside.
- Apart, heat oil in a big pan at middle heat, and add mushrooms, pepper, onion and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes until the vegetables are cooked. Put aside.
- Spread 2 table spoons of tomato sauce over the tortilla, ¼ cup of vegetable mixture, 2 table spoons of mozzarella cheese and ½ tea spoon of Parmesan cheese. Repeat this procedure with the rest of tortillas and ingredients.
- Transfer the pizzas to the same oven tray and cook during some 10 minutes, until the cheese melts and the tortilla borders are brown.
See also: Salads for a balanced nutrition