From Coomeva Prepaid Medicine we join the Cut the wings to dengue campaign that is promoted by the Colombian Minister of Health. You can be a main promoter of healthy environments following some easy recommendations.
The dengue virus strongly affects those countries and zones located below 2,200 meters height over sea level, as it is in these environments where the vector survives, and this vector is the mosquito responsible for the zika and the chikunguña viruses too, which produce on those suffering these diseases, muscle pains and another series of symptoms that can give rise to a mortal hemorrhagic fever. For avoiding this fever, the following is suggested:
- Frequently replacing water in animal watering places and flower pots. Covering water containers, discarding garbage accumulated in yards and outdoor areas.
- Using repellent on uncovered body areas
- Wearing suitable clothing with long sleeves and long pants.
- Using mosquito nets over the beds, especially when there are sick patients, in order to prevent them from infecting new mosquitos, or in those places where children sleep.
- Washing and brushing tanks and reservoirs.
- Opening holes on tires located in infantile parks that can contain stagnated water.
- Filling with soil the obsolete septic tanks, as well as the abandoned drainages and latrines.
- Frequently wash your hands.
What you should know about this disease:
- The only transmission way is when the Aedes Aegypti mosquito feeds with the blood of an individual suffering from dengue, and then bites other healthy people.
- Dengue management is symptomatic; no specific drug exists for this virus.
- When this pathology is suspected, you should seek advice from a health professional and avoid self-medication, because due to the associated coagulation disorders, some drugs such as ibuprofen and naproxen are not indicated.
- Patient hydration is absolutely necessary, and if unproper, the possibility of the disease to evolve increases.
- Children under 5 years of age and people older than 65 are the most vulnerable ones.
- This disease is characterized by fever, bone pain, headache, joint pain, pain behind the eyes and loss of appetite. Some symptoms are alarming, such as abatement, gum bleeding, blood in urine, skin bruises and persistent abdominal discomfort.
In the following video you can learn about the Cut the wings to dengue campaign.
See also: Conozca más sobre el virus de zika