With discipline, few elements, and willingness it is possible to stay in shape and move your body.
Advisor: Carlos López, physical trainer
It is not necessary to make a large investment to exercise, either in time or money. Physical trainer, Carlos Lopez shares an exercise routine that can be done at any age, as long as there is no prior cardiovascular condition or a joint problem.
If you have them, you can use them:
- Resistance bands (thera band)
- Ab wheel
1. For joints
- Head: move up and down (as nodding) and side to side (as if denying). 5 repetitions at a time.
- Shoulders: 10 circles forwards and 10 backwards. Then push them 10 times up and 10 times down.
- Arms: outstretched and make 10 circles forwards and 10 backwards.
- Hands: clench your fist and make circles on both sides. 10 repetitions per hand.
- Waist and hip: separate your feet to the width of the shoulders, semi-flex the knees and move the torso from one side to the other.
- Ankles: make circles with the ankles, 10 outwards and 10 inwards.
2. Always warm up
- Activate calves and lower body: make 20 squats.
- Activate pectoral and shoulders: move your arms to the front and back, 20 times. Then take them up. Clench your fists, touch your chest, and extend your arms.
3. Aerobic jumps
- Jumping jacks: jump and fall with legs and hands open. Jump again and fall with legs and hands closed. Repeat 30 times.
- Skipping: with one foot resting on the ground, raise the opposite foot and bring the opposite hand to the front. Swap with the other foot and the opposite hand. Repeat 20 times.
4. Body weight
- Elastic arm bands: step on the middle of the band and grab the ends with your hands. Keep your back straight as you propel your arms upwards. 30 repetitions in 3 series.
- Push-ups: lie upside down, hands on the side and legs outstretched. Extend arms and legs to lift the body. Do 3 series, 20 repetitions. Depending on your physical condition.
- Squats: Flex your knees and gently descend with your heels on the floor and your hip back. 3 sets of 20 repetitions.
- Fists in the air: throw fists out in front of you for several minutes, keeping your abdomen tight and your knees semi-flexed.
- Burpees: bend to squat position, place your hands on the floor in front of you, throw your feet back, then make a frog jump, stand up and jump. To start 4 series of 10 repetitions are suggested. Increase repetitions to the extent of your physical capacity.
- Stand and join your legs to try to touch the tip of your toes with your hands.
- Sit and extend your legs to touch the tips of your feet for 30 seconds.
- Open your legs and take your arms to the front to try to touch the floor.
- Extend your arms upwards, intertwine your fingers and stretch as much as possible.