Our star ingredient here is Spinach, a vegetable source of vitamin, fiber and minerals with low caloric content.
Among its benefits are improvement of vision, being an antioxidant, promoting energy and vitality and favoring intestinal transit. The portal Food Heroes of the Oregon State University in the United States, recommends the following recipe for Spring Salad:
Time for Preparation: 15 minutes
- 6 ounces of spinach (about 7 cups)
- 3 oranges
- 1 1/2 cup strawberry halves
- 1 cup chopped nuts (toasted if preferred)
For the dressing:
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (from a 1/4 orange)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons oil
How to prepare
- Wash and dry the spinach leaves and cut in pieces
- Peel the oranges, remove the skin and seeds. Then, extract only the pulp.
- For the dressing: combine all the ingredients in a jar, mixing well.
- Before serving, stir in the strawberries, nuts and spinach leaves. Add the dressing and mix well. Serve.
Related: Recipe for a younger heart