Regarding your diet, keep several foods in mind to help keep your defenses strong.
In order to keep your immune system in check and help your body prevent infections and fight viruses, such as the coronavirus, for example, nutritionist and dietician Sandra Alfaro, practitioner at Coomeva Private Healthcare, recommends certain food groups.
– Fatty acids and sources of omega 3 help regulate inflammation. They can be found in almonds, nuts, olives, certain fish, such as trout and salmon, chia seeds and flaxseeds.
– High in iron, zinc, selenium, and copper. These nutrients can be found in dairy, eggs, legumes, red and white meat, and fish.
– Probiotics, which can be found in kumis, yogurt, and kombucha.
– Rich in vitamin C. In fruits such as kiwi, granadilla, limes, oranges, tangerines, and guava.
– Sources of polyphenols have an anti-inflammatory effect. For example, honey, broccoli, cilantro, celery, and parsley.
– Folic acid, which can be found in leafy greens, red meat, beans, and chickpeas.
– Vitamin B6, which is present in avocado, plantain, potatoes and whole grains.
Related article: Recipes for your defenses