For her 27 November, 2017 Maria Clara Restrepo E.
Some women should gain between 25 and 35 pounds during pregnancy. If a woman does not gain enough weight, this can bring health problems both to her and her baby.
The webpage MedlinePlus explains how pregnancy is not a time to begin diets or worry about weight gain. It is important to keep in mind that gaining a few pounds or kilos, in moderation, is necessary to lead a healthy pregnancy.
Extra weight disappears after the baby is born. A healthy diet and regular exercise will help the mother have a healthy pregnancy and child. You may also like: Stay away from nutrition bars and energy drinks.
A few healthy eating tips during this time:
- Do not skip meals. Eat between five and six small meals every day.
- Keep quick, easy snacks on hand. Nuts, raisins, cheese and crackers, dried fruit, and ice cream or yogurt are good choices.
- Add nonfat powdered milk to foods such as mashed potatoes, scrambled eggs, and hot cereal.
- Try to eat more foods that are high in good fats, such as nuts, fatty fish, avocados, and olive oil.
- Drink juices made with real fruits that are high in vitamin C or beta carotene. Grapefruit juice, orange juice, papaya nectar, apricot nectar, and carrot juice are all good options.
- Avoid junk food.