While working from home, be sure to maintain habits that bring you wellbeing.
Due to the Covid-19 health emergency, staying home is the main recommendation. Because of this, many companies have started working remotely. And even though it might sound nice, working from home also poses certain challenges.
The University of the Basque Country’s guide for a healthy home office offers some recommendations for avoiding stress, muscle pain, and visual and mental fatigue.
- Set a schedule. Organize your tasks and manage your time well so that you can separate work spaces from personal spaces.
- Stick to the schedule. Avoid long workdays or checking your email outside of office hours. Leave distractions for another moment.
- Program meetings. Coordinate periodic meetings with your team or colleagues.
- Organize your space. Try not to work in your room, and make sure the space is well-lit and ventilated.
- Look out for ergonomics. Place the screen, keyboard, and mouse so that you can move freely. The distance from the screen should be about 40 cm and your line of vision should be parallel to your desk or slightly inclined (about 10-20°).
- Use appropriate clothes. Do not work in pajamas. Try to use comfortable clothes and shoes.
Related article: The benefits of working from home for your mental health