Maintaining healthy routines that support joint health is very important for your quality of life.
The combination of exercises at home without professional guidance, long working hours without breaks, and recurring bad postures can cause problems for your joints, which according to the National Institute of Arthritis, can lead to more complex diseases such as bursitis, which is the inflammation of the pad found in joints such as the elbow, shoulder, knee, or wrists, if not addressed soon enough.
The WHO has called for the creation of healthy working environments in order to reduce the risk of common illnesses caused by long working hours that affect workers’ health. Following this belief, joint diseases are one of the most common. These five points are key for prevention:
- Be aware of the demands on your joints and avoid overloading them with long days or too much weight.
- Before any demanding activity, be sure to warm up.
- Take frequent breaks to rest and stretch for about five minutes.
- Try to maintain a healthy diet and your ideal weight.
- Always have good posture in every task you do, thinking about balance in your back, hips, shoulders, elbows, knees, and wrists.
Consult with a specialist regarding recurring pain for a timely diagnosis. Avoid self-medicating or using home remedies to treat yourself without a medical examination.
Related article: Strengthen your knees to avoid pain