The way we position our body in different spaces and at different times throughout our daily lives is essential in order to prevent potential ailments and impairments from affecting our health.
We first must identify whether we have the right posture. Physical therapist Nadya Katich explains how the following six conditions will help you achieve the right posture:
– Not having muscle or joint pain after holding a posture for a long period of time.
– Feeling comfortable in different postures.
– Not experiencing periodic or constant neck pain or lower back pain.
– Not having any serious posture problems, nor experiencing frequent muscle spasms along your spine or lumbar area.
– Not rubbing your upper back, cervical column or lower back: a sign of pain or a way of showing fatigue and discomfort.
– Tolerating being in the same position for a long period of time.
To help you keep your spine and body in a healthy position throughout the different activities of your daily life, we have made a series of videos on the different postures of the body. The following is the first video of this series where we address the proper posture for standing.