Armony in health 1 April, 2017 Isabel Vallejo
It is normal for physicians to ask patients at a thorough appointment about how they feel, ask for details about their symptoms, and inquire about family medical history.
This serves as a complement to your medical history and helps specialists find useful information for understanding the reason of your visit and therefore reach a more accurate diagnosis. This also helps them order the right tests and recommend the best treatment.
Listed below, the webpage MedlinePlus lists the information your medical history may include. It also explains that this history accumulates throughout patient’s lives and is updated every time you visit your doctor. Patients can access this history at no cost.
- Name, date of birth, blood type and emergency contact
- Date of last physical
- Dates and results of last tests and exams
- Dates of serious diseases and surgeries
- List of the medicines a patient takes, dosage, and how long they were taken
- Any allergies
- Any chronic diseases
- Any family medical history