It is normal to be stressed regarding situations such as a new employment, assuming other roles, or moving to another city. This fact not always has to be negative.
This psychological and physical reaction is not necessarily a bad one, the important thing is to identify how it is being felt by the individual and learn to bear it. Some initial stress signs include tension on shoulders and neck. These are some advises the experts from the American Academy of Family Doctors recommend in order to manage stress in daily life.
- Making exercise releases endorphins that help feeling better.
- Being sure of consuming a regular and balanced diet.
- Sleeping enough for allowing the body sufficient time for recovering.
- Meditating is a way of guided thought.
- Resolving any conflicts, you may have with other people.
- Talking is positive. Talking about what worries you with a friend, a relative or a confident therapist
- Avoiding to plan too many things, be realistic about your objectives.
- Enjoy yourself.
- Try not to worry about things you can’t control.
- Try to see change as a positive challenge, not as a threat.
If some other symptoms occur, such as anxiety, low labor performance, relation problems, sadness, suicide behaviors, excessive preoccupation and sleep disorders, it is recommendable to visit a specialist.
Related: Battling burnout