An emotion that everyone seeks but that each person chooses to feel. Here are some tips for being happier in your day to day.
Happiness is not a state of mind that appears on its own. It is actually a habit that can be encouraged, practiced, and stimulated from actions or thoughts that help you feel better. It is the feeling that means a person is enjoying life and helps them to develop fully.
There are people who are happy by nature, who have a happy and optimistic personality most of the time, regardless of whether they are living in a good or bad situation. That is because only a small part of happiness (about 10%) depends on a person’s situation, according to research studies reviewed by Kids Health.
The good thing is that happiness can be worked on, and there are several ways to achieve it. As a result, it is possible to have better health, improve your relationships with others, and even achieve your goals more easily.
Here are some tips from the Mayo Clinic regarding happiness:
- Spend more time with family and friends. Also, make sure these people are happy and radiate a positive attitude.
- Make gratitude a habit and express it. When you find yourself having an ungrateful thought, try substituting it with gratitude.
- Stay optimistic and do not let negativity influence your whole outlook on life.
- Finding a purpose, whether it is gardening, taking care of children, or finding spirituality, will make you happier than those who have no aspirations.
- Instead of feeling nostalgia for the past or worrying about the future, the best thing to do is to look for opportunities to enjoy the small pleasures of everyday life and focus on the positives in the present moment.
Read also: Creating happiness